Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Any Journey is a Pilgrimage

A friend shared this blog with me, and I find it very interesting and inspiring to read. It has a similar definition of traveling as what I've written in 《旅行,是为了放下》. Just wanna share with you guys:

What is the appeal of traveling and what do you receive from traveling? Are they reflected to your work? Please let us know what does traveling means to you (Eduard, Twitter) 
 
I’m a pilgrim writer and that inevitably appears in the way my characters deals with space.

I’m in constant movement and very often I find that my characters need to equally find themselves in a journey.

I believe that we are constantly experiencing transformation and that’s why we need to let life guide us. 


Every day is different, every day can have a magic moment, but we don’t see the opportunity, because we think: ‘Oh this is boring I’m just commuting to work.’

How many interesting people you are missing, just because our parents told us “don’t talk to strangers”?


You must get as much as you can from any journey, because – in the end – the journey is all you have. It doesn’t matter what you accumulate in terms of material wealth, because you are going to die anyway, so why not live? 


You have to look at life itself is a pilgrimage. Therefore, start moving, start talking to strangers!

Paulo

For me, travel is an opportunity by which I was able to advance my career and to stand on my own identity. I learned many things such as cross culture information, human behaviors, geographical variances and many more.With my experience, I define traveling as Below:

Travel is a journey to reach a targeted destination to enrich oneself. It might be for career progression, or for recreation or entertainment purpose. Whatever it be, travel broadens the mind of a person. It refreshes and helps to learn new things, new place and gather useful information. It also provides opportunity to feel and understand new environment. Meaningful travel experiences require genuine inspiration, learning attitude and wonderful adaptability.

Deva 

I am very thoughtful today. Haunts me still this term around in my head. Stranger. What is the opposite of that? Friend, acquaintance. No idea, someone I know. But who I know really? Me. A nice joke. Is that really so? I really know myself? There are days when I would say yes. Then there are days where I have no idea. I notice more and more that how much strange, unexplored, there is in me. I think it is very important to talk with oneself, the stranger in one’s self and it is important to listen. And it is very beautiful to share my thoughts with others. This is one way to do that. I thank you for that. In love!


Helmi

When one starts to look inside
what’s other and what’s me
Can one really lay claim to anything… know anything
Identify this is me (that label will be a lie)
We’re everything and nothing
In all honesty…

Thanks for sharing the thought
Wonderful day and life to you
Blessing


Find the friend in a stranger…
See the stranger in a friend…
You are indeed your best friend…
And your strangest stranger…


First there was Nothing
Nothings what you think it is
THIS is what you thought…


I now know Nothing
Much less to worry about
It’s worthwhile knowing

LoveM

If I could pick one, it would be ‘Getting lost, or miss­ing your train is when your real jour­ney begins’.
When I travel, I grow. Not because I’m comfortable, but because I’m uncomfortable. I’m challenged to observe strangers and strange customs not from a place of judgement, but from a place of curiosity. Thank you Paulo for showing me that I can take this journey nearer to home as well. Today, for instance, I can observe myself from a place of curiosity and wonder. I can talk to strangers on my path. I can be me.

Janelle 

No matter what journey I take ..emotional ,psysical ..even a diet..I am testing myself ..and its about enjoyment and learning about what makes me happy..I can always set boundaries if I meet the big bad wolf … !!

Breda

The journey could be inside and the pilgrimage could be to the inner holy center! And believe me the strangers that one will meet in his inner journey are at least as frightening, as interesting and as inspiring as those met in the outside, if not more.

So, just start the journey out or inside.

Tarek
“Every day is a winding road”

whether you go on a journey or whether you stay in your own town, life is a journey, where there are no strangers, just friends you have not met yet.

I recall my mother always talking to everyone, and it is important to listen , that is my great task and mission, to learn to listen to other people’s stories, it is life’s lessons that you write so well afterwards.

Sigal

No comments:

Post a Comment